Our community building work has primarily taken place in the West Center City, Trinity Vicinity and Hilltop areas of the City:
Monthly meetings of a Community Leadership Guidance Group
Since 2005, we have convened an evening meeting on the second Thursday of every month for residents and representatives from every segment of the community. The meetings provide guidance and support for advancing our initiatives and also offer an opportunity for networking among those attending.
We have gathered at West Presbyterian Church since we began meeting, but with its unfortunate closing in June 2009, we have moved our meeting location to Trinity Episcopal Church at 1108 N. Adams Street...between 11th Street & Delaware Avenue. We meet from 7:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Please join us!
Community walks, “Building Strong Families” dinners, and neighborhood
Periodically we hold events to build positive social networks and trust among residents and stakeholders in the community.
Support of other community organizing initiatives
We are actively engaged in a number of other organizations' activities that support community, including:
- West Center City neighborhood planning grant (Wachovia Regional Foundation)- Coordinating Committee membership
- Wilmington Hope Commission - Board membership
- United Way Building Strong Families, Strong Children community impact area - Advisory Council membership
- Youth Rehabilitative Services Division - Community Advisory Board memberhsip
- 1000 Man Rally: Call to Consciousness and Action - supporter
- Fugitive Safe Surrender program - supporter